Did you know that Hilton Head Island is home to a brewery, a distillery and a winery?
Tucked behind the airport on the north end of the Island, Cardinal Road is the location of these three craft beverage makers, all of which are located within walking distance of one another. A trip to Cardinal Road will not disappoint.
Hilton Head Brewing Company offers locally brewed craft beers, tours and tastings. Hilton Head Distillery creates premium spirits and offers tours, tastings and Hilton Head-branded gift items. Island Winery crafts wines from locally grown fruits and fresh grapes grown around the world, and offers tastings as well as wine by the glass.
Island Winery and Hilton Head Distillery are next-door neighbors on Cardinal Road and, in the neighborly way, we’ve come together to bring out the best of what we have to offer. Blending our signature products, we’ve created uniquely delicious cocktails. We’re delighted to present our recipes below for easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing libations.
- ¾ oz. Blueberry Wine
- ¾ oz. Aermoor Vodka
- 3 oz. Ginger Beer
- Lime wedge
- Mint leaf
- Combine vodka, wine and ginger beer in a copper mug with ice. Garnish with lime wedge and mint leaf.
Blackberry Coconut Mojito
- 1 oz. Blackberry Wine
- 1 oz. Two Traditions Coconut Rum
- 4 blackberries
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 lime rounds
- 5 oz. soda
- In a shaker, muddle lime rounds, blackberries and mint leaves. Fill with ice and add coconut rum and wine. Shake vigorously and pour into mixing glass. Add soda and gently stir.
- 2 oz. Harvest White Wine
- 6 oz. Two Traditions Platinum White Rum
- 4 lime rounds
- 4 lemon rounds
- 4 orange rounds
- ½ green apple, cut into cubes
- 3 oz. orange juice
- Combine fresh fruit and rum in a pitcher. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Add wine and orange juice and chill. Serve in wine glasses. Serves 3.
Elderberry Mead Cocktail
- ¾ oz. Elderberry Honey Wine
- ¾ oz. Aermoor Vodka
- 3 oz. Cannonborough Honey Basil Soda (available at Hilton Head Distillery)
- Basil leaf
- Combine wine, vodka and soda in a Collins glass filled with ice. Stir gently and garnish with a basil leaf.
The perfect bottle of handcrafted artisan wine awaits at Island Winery on Cardinal Rd. Tastings, wine by the glass and cheese platters are available Monday-Saturday from 12:30-5:30 p.m. and Sunday from 12-4 p.m. 843-842-3141 or www.islandwinery.com.