St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church at 20 Pope Avenue on Hilton Head Island invites the community to Holy Week Events.
Palm Sunday, April 2:
- Bring kids of all ages for Easter Egg Dying at 10:30 am – 11 am, creating colorful eggs (and fingers!). Egg dying will be outside the doors of the Education Building at the church.
- The church’s traditional Palm Procession will take place at the start of the 11:15 am worship service, with kids gathering in the chapel at 11 am.
- Following the 11:15 am worship service, at approximately 12:15 pm, there will be an Easter Egg Hunt. Participants are asked to bring their own baskets, if possible.
Good Friday, April 7:
- St. Andrew’s will have a 12 Noon worship service in the sanctuary. It will be in-person and live-streamed.
Easter Sunday, April 9:
- The first worship service starts at 7 am for the Sunrise Service on the beach at Coligny Park. Celebrate the Resurrection as the sun rises at the edge of the ocean.
- The church will also have services in its sanctuary at 9 am and 11:15 am, with live-streamed at 11:15 am.
- Prior to the services at Pope Avenue, all are welcome to bring a flower to put in the large outdoor cross (Flowering of the Cross) on Easter Sunday.
Saint Andrew By-The-Sea is the only United Methodist Church on Hilton Head Island.
The church is an active worshipping community with in-person services at 9 and 11:15 am and live-streamed at 11:15 am. On Sunday mornings, they host Sunday School for children and adults. The nursery is open during Sunday worship and Sunday School.
There are two campuses, with one located on Hilton Head and the second in Bluffton. Church Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm. For more information about St. Andrew By-The-Sea UMC, please visit www.hhiumc.com.