The Lowcountry Celebration Park, opened in December 2020, is Hilton Head Island’s newest park.
Situated on a 10-acre site off Pope Avenue near the Coligny Beach parking lot, the Park provides several recreational activities, amenities, and scenic views for families and individuals, organizations and community groups. The park is minutes away from the Town’s award-winning Coligny Beach Park. While Coligny provides direct access to the beach, the new Lowcountry Celebration features attractions designed to help park visitors engage in play, discover the Island’s environment and be part of cultural festivities.
The Lowcountry Celebration Park features:
- The Adventure Playground, named after the ship Captain William Hilton was on when he discovered Hilton Head Island. It features a reimagined design of the ship, playground, wading pool and more.
- An Open Pavilion and Lawn for fun events and festivals.
- The Perimeter Walk subtly lighted for evening strolls around the park.
- The Setting Sun Sculpture
- Two Fitness Stations
- Lights and Security Cameras
- The Sandbox Children’s Museum (Scheduled to open early 2021)
- Restrooms Facilities
- Parking spaces on a new lot near the parks entrance from Nassau Street and parking spaces on Nassau Street.
The Park is located off Pope Avenue near the Coligny Beach parking lot. The Adventure Playground is open from sunrise to sunset. Restroom facilities at the Park close at 10 p.m.