Expand your culinary and cultural horizons and make plans to attend the Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival, February 21 – 27.
The 15th annual Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival, hosted by the David M. Carmines Memorial Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization helps raise money for other non-profit organizations.
Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival Schedule:
FEB 21 – FEB 27: Daufuskie Island History and Artisans Excursions
Tucked between Hilton Head Island and Savannah, and accessible only by boat, Daufuskie Island is a real gem. This trip provides a glimpse into a fascinating chapter of Lowcountry history on the undeveloped side of the island. Visit several one-of-a-kind places, including:
- The First African Baptist Church
- The Praise House
- Mary Fields School (memorialized in Pat Conroy’s The Water is Wide)
- The Bloody Point Lighthouse.
- Tour studios and meet local artisans at Silver Dew Pottery and The Iron Fish, home to Martha Stewart American Made winner Chase Allen.
- Learn the rich history of the Native Americans, European settlers, the cotton trade, the Gullah people and the locals who have chosen to make this remote island their home.
- Tour includes boat cruise from Hilton Head Island, USCG licensed Captain and interpretive naturalist/historian guide, golf cart, light snack and refreshment.
FEB 21 – FEB 26: Lowcountry Experiences on the Water
A two hour excursion that includes instruction on shrimping, oystering, clamming, and crabbing with a couple of the Lowcountry’s foremost watermen, Captain Christopher and Matthew Shoemaker. Christopher and Matthew will demonstrate the skills required to “put food on the table.” After the work is done, guests will enjoy the fruits of their labor at Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks. Times might vary based on tide and weather conditions.
CALL TO BOOK (843) 304-2878
FEB 23: Callawassie Island Tour of Homes
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Parking and tour begin and end at the Callawassie Island Clubhouse
- Only 50 tickets available
Enjoy an afternoon touring Callawassie Island and a featured selection of beautiful residences on the Tour of Homes event. Designated as the first Community Wildlife Habitat in South Carolina, this private island reconnects you to surrounding nature and stunning views. Be treated at each stop with elegant wine and food pairings hosted by wine representatives and our Callawassie Ambassadors.
FEB 24: Salt Water Supper
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Shore House at The Omni Oceanfront Resort
- Festive to semi-formal attire encouraged
Embark on a culinary adventure featuring seafood creations made with globally-influenced flavors, and enjoy a dining experience on the surf. Your evening begins at the event’s reception where you will indulge in champagne alongside a vast display of hors d’oeuvres. At 7:00 p.m., guests are invited into the oceanside dining area where each course is expertly prepared by one of our Celebrity Chefs and paired with one of the wineries’ flagship vintages and varietals. Limited to just 200 people.
FEB 25: Master Class | Cooking in the Moment with Chef Andrea Reusing
10:00 AM 11:00 AM
For chef Andrea Reusing cooking means not wasting while finding the right dish for every occasion. It also means using the best of what seasonal produce has to offer. She’s a starred chef whose fame also comes from a true farm-to-table ethos, and she scours the fields, farms and vegetable gardens of Virginia to serve the freshest products in her restaurant.
FEB 25: Master Class | Masa y Memelas – The Art of Nixtamalization, Masa and one of Mexico’s Treasured Antojitos with Chef Hugo Ortega
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Chef Hugo will show the class how to make masa the traditional way, starting with nixtamalization – just like he learned from his grandmother on her rancho on the border of Oaxaca when he was a boy – and then create one of Mexico’s most traditional and treasured antojitos, or snacks, memelas with the fresh masa.
FEB 25: Master Class | Gullah Geechee Recipes from a Sixth-Generation Farmer by Matthew Raiford
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Matthew will be demonstrating a recipe from Bress ‘n’ Nyam: Gullah Geechee Recipes from a Sixth Generation Farmer.
“Bress ‘n’ nyam means ‘bless and eat’ in the Gullah language, and Raiford’s book is both a celebration of his homecoming and an introduction to Gullah Geechee culture and cuisine.
More than 100 heirloom recipes from a dynamic chef and farmer working the lands of his great-great-great grandfather. From Hot Buttermilk Biscuits and Sweet Potato Pie to Salmon Cakes on Pepper Rice and Gullah Fish Stew, Gullah Geechee food is an essential cuisine of American history. Master Class ticket INCLUDES a signed copy of Bress ‘n’ Nyam: Gullah Geechee Recipes from a Sixth-Generation Farmer by Matthew Raiford.
FEB 25: Secrets of a Pitmaster
Join us as we fire up the pits, creek side at the historic Coastal Discovery Museum where you’ll meet the greatest experts in all things live fire. You’ll experience unique and correct techniques for cooking on charcoal, how to prep meats for the barbecue.
Secrets of a Pitmaster Master Class is held from 4:00 – 5:30 PM. After the a behind-the-scenes experience, your time continues with early access to our Pig Pickin’ + Oyster Roast from 6:00-9:00 PM that night.
Secrets of a Pitmaster Ticket INCLUDES:
- Secrets of a Pitmaster Master Class from 4:00 – 5:30 PM
- Culinary Samples during the Master Class
- Signature Cocktails
- Autographed Cookbook by Steven Raichlen
- Early Access to Pig Pickin’ + Oyster Roast at 5:30 PM AND your ticket to the event from 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Pitmasters Michael “Sully” Sullivan, Robert Owens, Steven Raichlen
- Project Smoke By Steven Raichlen Included with Ticket
FEB 25: Pig Pickin’ + Oyster Roast
- 6:00 PM 9:00 PM
- Coastal Discovery Museum
Join us for the quintessential, Lowcounty family-style culinary celebration, as the Island’s best chefs, celebrity guest chefs and Pitmasters prepare local shrimp, whole hogs, whole chickens, chopped BBQ. Wash it all down with brews, wines and signature cocktails and live music.
FEB 26: 15th Anniversary Saturday Seafood Festival
The festival’s main event will be held at the iconic, Shelter Cove Harbour + Marina from 1:00 – 4:30 PM. This event offers samplings from more than 100 food and beverage vendors. Two stages of live entertainment from music to celebrity chef cooking demonstrations and wine, beer and cocktail seminars, featuring award-winning cocktails and cookbook signings.
Your Saturday Seafood Ticket includes:
- Saturday Daytime Festival Access
- Souvenir Wine Glass
- All Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Tastings are included with your ticket
- $10 Food Credit to be used at any participating Restaurant
- Access to: Food from Top Restaurants, Retailers and Artisans products for purchase.
Cooking demos with the industry’s most innovative and engaging chefs.
Guided tasting sessions from Master Sommeliers, mixologists, winemakers and brewmasters
- Ticket price includes all beverage tastings from 1:00 to 4:30 PM.
- Rain or shine, we will dine! Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival urges all adults to consume alcoholic products responsibly. All experiences will strictly adhere to current health and safety guidelines from the State of South Carolina, CDC and WHO.
FEB 26 TO FEB 27 15th Anniversary FIREWORKS Celebration
After the main event ends, an incredible celebration awaits! Watch in awe as Shelter Cove Harbor & Marina comes to life with a fantastic fireworks show! Enjoy stunning fireworks that light up the night sky. All the while, live music will sweep you up into the evening to commemorate 15 years of Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival and the memorable impact The David M. Carmines Memorial Foundation has made on our non-profit community, town, state and region.
FEB 27 Seafood & Champagne Sunday Brunch
- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks
- Whether you’re a local, new to the Lowcountry, or just visiting, our brunch is the perfect end to your weekend! Unwind and enjoy a mimosa or Bloody Mary along the docks. This special menu is filled with southern classics as well as new dishes.
- Tickets are NOT required. Seatings are first come first serve. Brunch will feature live music from 11:00am to 1:00pm.